Background 1

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Acting 1-That's a Wrap

I can't believe the semester is already over! This acting class is sure going to be one that I am going to miss. As much as I have learned, I know that there is still so much more I could learn. It is classes like this one that make me wish I wasn't graduating and that I could continue on to the next level. This class really did help me so much with, not only my acting, but my singing performances and surprisingly, my general communication skills as well. I find myself observing others and wondering if what tactics they are using and why. I find myself observing myself for that same reason as well. I also am pleased to say that my friend noted that the acting during my Senior voice recital was so well done as well.

I have loved the practice and feedback I have received through this year as well. My plan for after graduation is to get a job, yes, but also to audition for community theaters around the area. After the experience and knowledge I have gained from this class, as well as from my current dance class, I feel a great deal more prepared to do that. I will no longer have to wonder what it's going to be like and if I did my resume and headshot correctly (I don't think I would have even known to bring one in before). I will be able to walk in with confidence that I have prepared what is necessary. I will walk in and smile and say hi with politeness and enthusiasm and confidently hand them my prepared resume/head shot. I will then slate with confidence because I will have practiced it almost more that my actual monologue. I will have clear intentions with my prepared monologue and be able to bring fire and energy to the character. I will then thank the auditioners and pray that they see that I am the right one for the part!

I am so grateful for everything I learned in this class and I hope to be able to continue to receive more and more direction and improvement in my craft after graduation and over the rest of my career as an actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment